Children's Fund MAMAS is a Dutch organisation that supports the MAMAS of South Africa; strong, impressive women who stand up for children in severe poverty. These women organise daily care, protection, food, affection and love for over 40.000 children in 43 wonderful organisations!
- MAMA POWER It’s mostly the women who take responsibility and lead the movement of hope in South Africa. We believe in their MAMA POWER!
- Local initiatives A sustainable foundation can only come about when local people themselves take the initiative. Grass roots development is the key to change.
- Set the agenda The MAMAS themselves determine which care is needed but Kinderfonds MAMAS closely follows every donated euro until it's spent.
- Loyalty Aid to a child is a matter of endurance and loyalty. Not just a meal for today, but eighteen years of care until the child is independent.
- Ordinary people MAMAS brings ordinary, concerned people in South Africa (the MAMAS) and in the Netherlands (our donors) together to take action.
- Small and efficient In between stands a small Dutch organisation with six employees with minimal bureaucracy and maximum commitment.
- Independent Kinderfonds MAMAS never accepts subsidies. Subsidies are too dependent on the political news of the day while personal commitment is not.
- Network of Care The South African MAMAS work together as a powerful union of local organisations in the ‘MAMAS Alliance’. Together we are stronger!
- From the bottum up Kinderfonds MAMAS dreams of an unstoppable movement of MAMAS who give millions of vulnerable children a chance.
- Our children Our work is influenced by our inspirational founder Nelson Mandela who once said: “All children are our children!”
Children's Fund MAMAS links the commitment of ordinary people in the Netherlands and ordinary people in South Africa, and as a result creates room for inspiring MAMA power in action: daily care and a fair future for the most disadvantaged children.
Children's Fund MAMAS shares the dream every mother in the world has for her child: that every child deserves and receives love, care and protection so that it can freely develop, have a great future and be happy.
“Overcoming poverty is not an act of charity. It is an act of justice.” – Nelson Mandela
- Finance the NGOs organised by South Africans themselves with which they offer structural and immediate care to children in southern Africa who are the victim of severe poverty;
- Educate and communicate to give Dutch people an insight into the nature and cause of South Africa's problems and involve them in local solutions brought on by South Africans themselves;
- Raise funds to finance the above mentioned initiatives in southern Africa and generate commited involvement in the Netherlands.